WHY YOUR SMALL BUSINESS NEEDS A WEBSITE.
The Internet has created a shift of focus (a paradigm shift if you will) in marketing for local businesses from traditional stagnant media like phone books, television commercials, and radio ads, to a much wider dynamic arena of online marketing that includes search engines, social media, online directories, mobile apps and even devices like iPads and tablets with voice activated Internet searches.
Over the last several years there has also been a dramatic shift in the way people acquire and compare information, and ultimately how they make a buying decision. Connection speeds to the Internet have increased, and the access to this information has been simplified. Desktop and mobile device performance has also improved. The local buyer is now more connected than ever. Today’s technology allows people to research, find a local company, and even make a purchase all while standing in line at a grocery store.
The advantages over traditional media are obvious.
- It allows real-time two-way communication between your company and your potential customers.
- It allows the most current information to be put in front of your audience when they are ready to make a buying decision. This provides your company a better reach and a greater ability to capture a potential customer.
But of course the real question is: How can you leverage these online marketing platforms to reach your target audience? How can you make your brand, your company’s name, your products or services more visible in all the online clutter?
This is where Net Visibility Group comes in….Let us help you cut through the clutter!
“I have a lot of friends in the newspaper industry and, of course, this is a tough, wrenching change for them because the number of people who actually buy, subscribe to the newspaper and read it has started an inexorable decline, With that decline”, Gates said, “advertisers are shifting their budgets to new areas. Newspapers aren’t the only media that will suffer from this transition, the traditional Yellow Pages are doomed as voice-activated Internet searches combined with on-screen interfaces on smart mobile devices get better and proliferate.”
“When you say something like ‘plumber’ the presentation you get will be far better than what you get in the Yellow Pages, after all, we know your location and so we can cluster [results] around that. … Yellow Page usage amongst people in their, say below 50, will drop to near zero over the next five years.”
Current statistics show that over 90% of all purchases of local products and services start by local customers doing research online. If your potential customer was looking for your specific product or service in your local market, would your company have a dominant online presence that would allow you to position your brand in front of this hungry market?
It is sad, but there is a large number of small businesses still attempting to operate without a well thought out web based marketing strategy.
- It cannot target an audience
- Is expensive and requires more investment of time for product promotion
- Has limited reach
- Has limited exposure (per issue, per newspaper)
- There is no effective way to track the marketing investment
Internet Marketing if done properly provides:
- The ability to reach a targeted audience
- An economical and quick method for promoting products or services
- A cost effective global or geographic specific promotion
- 24/7 advertising of your products or services
- Very effective ways to track investments
- Yellow Pages are difficult to track results, which limits your ability to calculate an accurate ROI. Online marketing offers extensive tracking options resulting in accurate ROI’s.
- The reach of Yellow Pages’ is limited to its distribution area and its availability at the time customers are ready to buy. Multiple directories are required to cover your entire market area and this can get extremely expensive. Online marketing has an unlimited reach and is very cost effective.
- With Yellow Pages, you can only change your advertising message once a year. You can change your message online at any time.
- Annually, there are over 90 billion LOCAL searches on the web, and this will continue to grow. Yellow Pages are used only 8 billion times per year, and will continue to decrease.
- Yellow Page usage has declined by over 87% since 2005. ~ The Kelsey Group
- Your message usually only has 15-60 seconds to capture the attention of someone watching. Potential customers can spend as much time on your website as they choose.
- Potential customers don’t use television to make a buying decision. 50% of all local online searches result in a phone call or visit, because your marketing message is in front of potential customers when they are making buying decisions.
- Tracking customers is very difficult if not impossible. Online marketing offers extensive tracking options resulting in accurate ROI’s.
- The use of DVR’s for recording television shows has increased to over 82%. And the primary reason that people give for buying DVR’s “is to record their favorite shows and skip commercials” making television advertising less effective.
- Potential customers don’t use radio to make a buying decision. 50% of all local online searches result in a phone call or a visit. This is because your marketing message is in front of potential customers when they are making buying decisions.
- Tracking is also very difficult. Online marketing offers detailed tracking solutions.
- It is extremely expensive to reach critical mass with your marketing message.
- Satellite radio usage is increasing, making it unaffordable for local business to get their message out to potential customers.
- Printed newspaper readership is down over 90% since 2000 ~The Kelsey Group
- Tracking is very difficult compared to online marketing.
- Newspaper offers a limited reach to potential customers compared to the unlimited reach of online marketing.
- Newspaper advertising is very expensive and the ROI is extremely low for most local businesses.
- Your message can only be changed on a monthly basis. Changes can be done any time online.
- Have limited reach and are expensive.
- Tracking is very difficult compared to online marketing.
- Potential customers driving by don’t use billboards to make a buying decision. 50% of all local online searches result in a phone call or a visit. This is because your marketing message is in front of potential customers when they are making buying decisions.
- You have a limited amount of time to deliver your message, usually between 3-5 seconds. Online marketing has no time limit for making a buying decision.
Why Choose Net Visibility Group for your online marketing strategy?
- We offer a proven, tested and verified local online marketing advertising strategy for small businesses that are looking for accountable, honest results at a fair price.
- We know how to get websites to rank high in search engines, and have years of experience doing so.
- We know how to manage advertising campaigns with search engines, and popular websites that deliver you customers.
- We know what not to do online to avoid costly pitfalls and potentially harmful results.
- We are a full service Internet marketing company, providing everything needed to be successful online: customer generation, hosting, web design and maintenance all with ONE company.
You can put your trust in Net Visibility Group; we understand that if we make you money we will earn your future business.
Call us anytime to clarify anything you may not understand or just need someone to talk to, whether you’re a client of ours or not.